CONQUERING EVERY SPACE
The Eros-12 is a new model in the Eros series. This model represents a completely different product development mindset of our R&D team. The Eros-12 is the model that most fully embodies the great and important characteristics of the new generation of EROS models. It’s versatility in use and the ultimate in sound quality. This has been the goal we determined when developing the new product generations of the Eros series.
Optimal choice and new concepts in engineering thinking
Structural design solution
– Each loudspeaker tower is divided into two modules including a MT-module above and a W-module below. The upper MT-module includes a 12-inch Paper Cone Mid-woofer and a 1.4-inch Titanium diaphragm high-frequency compression driver mated to a 90° x 90° Radial horn. The W-module below is equipped with a large 15-inch Paper Cone woofer.
– The division of the structure of each loudspeaker tower into two modules is also a solution to optimize the sound quality for the Eros-12. Accordingly, each module has better vibration resistance, completely eliminating the objective influences on each frequency band from unnecessary resonances, making the sound clean and detailed. In addition, cabinet volume and size, and vent size are calculated and tested to achieve an optimal ratio with each other to create just the right resonance while creating the right sound reflections, increasing dynamic range and reducing harmonic distortion. As a result, the sound is reproduced accurately, delicately and naturally. This is also an important feature and great advantage in the cabinet structure design of the Eros series.
– The distance and distribution of drivers on the two modules are calculated in proportion to the volume and size of each cabinet so that when the two modules are combined, it is possible to reproduce the correct and accurate sound for the various uses. This is also a technical criterion that is focused on developing this speaker model.
– The MT-module is designed with a dedicated top and bottom base for stable assembly on the W-module. The bases are equipped at both ends of the MT-module to meet the flexible use of this module as well as the Eros-12.
– The vent for the 15-inch woofer is facing the floor to make deep bass spread in the space.
– The speaker base of the Eros series is completely a new style, designed to create a solid, extremely effective anti-vibration when the loudspeaker is operating at high power, so the bass is clear and coherent.
The mindset in engineering crossovers
– According to our engineering philosophy, first-order crossovers are always preferred in ThivanLabs loudspeaker models. Using 1st-order crossover for all drivers reduces unnecessary interference that can affect the naturalness of the sound. Moreover, it can even distort the natural sound, causing the sensation that the sound is fake and unreal. The other positive point of using 1st-order crossover is to preserve the sound and keep the details intact. This solution also provides the best mixing between the frequency bands, completely avoiding too harsh interference that can cause incoherence between frequency bands.
– The treble characteristics are fine-tuned to create smoothness but still very detailed for the sound, so the high range is not dull and stuffy. As a result, the overall sound is soaring, creating an open, airy and spacious sound space.
– 98dB sensitivity has provided excellent dynamics. The sound of musical instruments and vocals is as lively as listening to live in a theater.
Eros-12’s versatility and ability to conquer every space!
– The goal of creating versatility for the Eros-12 is one of the important tasks that our engineering team set when developing the product. With a design consisting of two separate modules between the woofer and the mid-treble driver combination, the MT-module can be flexibly installed in two directions depending on the volume and size of the listening room as well as the user’s needs and the purpose of using. Accordingly, the MT-module can be installed for the treble driver to rotate up or down between the mid driver and the woofer to match the listening position. When rotating the treble downwards, it means that the treble will be between the mid driver and the woofer, this installation is suitable for sitting low or listening close to the loudspeaker. For high seating positions, such as in some concert halls and home cinemas with a seating arrangement in ladder form, the treble can be rotated upwards. Users can try to choose the most optimal plan for the room and personal use.
– Eros-12 has been tested to play music in diverse listening rooms from 25m2 to filling a very large concert hall, up to 400m2 and super-large volume when the hall has a sky well. The sky well is big, reaching the top of a 24-floor building. In the room sizes from 25m2 to 400m2 mentioned above, the Eros-12 performs gorgeous when combined with an amplifier with the right power. With these large auditoriums, it is necessary to place the loudspeaker on a sturdy speaker stand, about 60 – 70 cm high to help the sound spread best in the whole auditorium.
– MT-modules can be used as a separate loudspeaker pair. This exciting feature makes it possible to use the Eros-12 for a variety of purposes and needs. Thus, the separation of modules is not merely a technical solution, but rather an advantageous solution for the use. When used as a separate loudspeaker pair, the MT-modules are suitable for listening rooms from 15m2 to 40m2. However, the combination of “full set” with W-module will be optimal when the Eros-12 plays in large rooms and spaces, halls and auditoriums. In addition, the W-module provides a wide low frequency range. Accordingly, the bass will be very deep, full and steady.
Sound accuracy and high fidelity sound reproduction
The new generation of models in the Eros series is a remarkable step up from the successes of the first Eros models, the Eros-9 (2016) and Eros-9 Anniversary (2018).
As a result of using 1st-order crossover, the overall sound is soaring, creating an open, airy and spacious sound space. This advantage makes the music sublime and the listener achieves a surge of emotions along with the music.
The new generation of Eros continues to be an effective use of the strength of the bass range, and this strength in the Eros-12 is really excellent. The high range in the new generation of Eros series is superbly refined based on the research and practical experience of our R&D team through live listening and testing ThivanLabs audio equipment with live recording and amplifying the sound of musical instruments and vocals directly at concerts in a variety of acoustical conditions. The achievements in research and experience have brought about the completeness and perfection of each frequency band. As a result, the sound is extremely accurate and detailed. Then, the harmonious adjustment between the frequency bands brings balance and poise to the sound, creating an open, airy and very emotional sound space. Listeners will always feel relaxed and natural when listening to music without feeling that the sound is going from the speakers.
Thanks to this accuracy and high fidelity of the sound, Eros-12 and its MT-modules can be used as monitors in recording and music production.
Product design and aesthetic thinking
Eros series and Eros-12 are continuously designed based on our philosophy of minimalism, focus on the high quality finishing and optimizing the
Based on our Bauhaus design philosophy, the Eros series and Eros-12 continue to be designed to focus on the minimalism, the best handicraft finishing and optimizing the use of product. These are the defined criteria for ThivanLabs products. Eros-12 is designed in a minimalist style with simple straight geometric blocks. This design is not only meant to easily harmonize diverse interior spaces, but also provides the best steadiness and vibration resistance for the loudspeaker. Eros-12 uses specially selected, high-quality materials and components. We also constantly improve our finishing techniques and seek to use the best materials for sound and durability. The new generation of Eros uses a new type of HDF material with water resistant, high stability and solidity, along with the optimization of the cabinet structure, the Eros-12 minimizes vibration when playing at large power level.
With so many of these advantages, the Eros-12 is truly an excellent loudspeaker model that conquers any room and space!